Our Privacy Principles
Industrie Music adopts and is bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (the Act). We have put in place internal policies and procedures to ensure that personal information that we collect, store, use and disclose is dealt with in accordance with the NPPs. You can see the full text of the NPPs online at www.privacy.gov.au.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Industrie Music Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Industrie Music. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, fulfilling orders, customising future shopping for you, improving our store features, and communication with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. For example, like many web sites, we sometimes use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses our website.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more productive to improve service and your shopping experience, we sometimes send you newsletters of our services and products, notifications of changes to our policies, and order confirmations. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, other than order notifications and receipts, you can unsubscribe at any time with one click in any of our newsletter emails.
- Personal Information refers to any information or any opinion, whether true or not, from which an individual's identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained; and
- Sensitive Information refers to information about a person's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, trade and professional memberships, sexual preferences or practices or criminal record.
Data which is depersonalised or aggregated, or in some way masks the identity of an individual is not 'personal information'.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifier text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Industrie Music Pty Ltd Share the Information It Receives?
We respect your privacy and appreciate your business. At no time do we ever provide your account contact or payment information to any third party vendor, associate or service provider unless absolutely necessary in order to complete your transaction and order.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you provide to us for purchasing of our products or services. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer by clicking the "log off" link located in the side menu.
How we collect information
Where possible we will collect personal information directly from the individual concerned. Where we are at liberty to do so, we will use our best endeavours to seek an individual's consent before obtaining their personal information from third parties.
Which Information Can I Access?
Industrie Music gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Industrie Music, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of our local state. If you have any concern about privacy of your personal information as used and collected within our website, please send us a thorough description by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the side menu, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, order, post reviews, or other methods of communication via our website or email to Industrie Music. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers, and credit card information.
To assist with verifying your identity, we may request recording of information contained on identification documents (such as a drivers license), and in some specific cases, making copies of such identification documents. Generally, you have no obligation to provide to us with this information, but if you choose not to do so where we require this information, we may not be able to provide you with the goods or services you are requesting.
We may need to collect personal information so we can:
- identify our clients, potential clients and their representatives;
- identify parties with whom our clients have dealings or who are in some way involved in proceedings involving our clients;
- inform you or others of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you or them;
- provide or offer you or others services or other benefits;
- conduct our business and provide our services in a professional and efficient manner;
- develop and implement initiatives to improve our services.
From time to time we will delegate basic tasks to offshore consultants. Only information that is incidental to the tasks being performed will be disclosed.
We make reasonable endeavours to ensure that the companies receiving information are subject to a law or binding scheme that has the effect of protecting the information in a way that, overall, is substantially similar to the protections afforded by the Privacy Act (1988).
For security purposes Industrie Music sometimes collects and analyses the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and to our website. This is done for your protection for tracking purposes in the unfortunate event that someone gains access to your personal or financial information and opens an account, or makes purchases under your name.
- the address of a user's server;
- a user's top level domain (such as .com or .au);
- the date and time of a user's visit;
- the pages a user accessed and downloaded;
- the search engine a user used;
- what type of browser was used.
We will generally allow an individual access to any personal information that we hold about them on request - subject to any Restrictions On Access. We will try to give the individual concerned access in a form and manner that suits their needs.
To request access please contact our Privacy Officer. Contact details for our Privacy Officer appear at the end of this policy.
If you feel we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with the NPPs or this policy, please contact us so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. If this process does not result in an outcome that is satisfactory to you, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner's Office. We will work together with the Privacy Commission's Office to resolve the issues between us.
The contact details for the Privacy Commissioner's Office are as follows: Address:
Level 8, Piccadilly Tower, 133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney 2000
Telephone: 1300 363 992 (for the cost of a local call anywhere in Australia)
TTY: 1800 620 241
Post: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042
Facsimile: +61 2 9284 9666
Further information about privacy and your rights can be obtained at the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.
Please note, a complaint will not be investigated by the Privacy Commissioner unless it has been directed to us in the first instance.
If you wish to access any personal information that we hold about you, or have a query about this policy, please contact:
Address: PO BOX 3068, Wareemba NSW 2046
Phone:(02) 8123 4080
Email: admin AT industriemusic DOT com DOT au